I threw myself a Thanksgiving Party since this past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving. I don’t know any Canadians here so I invited the girls from my program as well my roommates who are all international students as well. The party was a total success! Everyone was incredibly kind and enthusiastic! I had a blast and I’m pretty sure everyone else did as well.
The menu was:
- Chips and dip (Thanks Nikki!)
- Mulled Apple Cider (cloudy apple juice warmed with some spices)
- Turkey (of course!) done very simply
- Fruit and Nut stuffing
- Green Beans with hazelnuts
- Carrots with mint (no recipe, just boiled carrots tossed with some butter and a little mint)
- Cranberry Sort-of-Sauce (no recipe cause it didn’t turn out so great)
- Homemade Bread (I actually used my grandmother’s bread recipe but this is pretty close)
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- Pecan Pie (Contributed by Julie!)
- Cupcakes (Contributed by Charley!)
A special thank you to those who contributed to the meal as well as those who simply contributed their company!